Nootropics are loosely defined as “smart drugs": natural or synthetic compounds that improve brain function. Nootropics can be found in supplements, prescription drugs and some foods.
Nootropics provide a variety of cognitive benefits, from aiding in motivation, attention, and working memory to improving focus and enhancing normal mental functioning.* Recent studies have increased interest in nootropics and their potential benefits related to:
- improved concentration and working memory*
- increased stamina, alertness and mental clarity*
- enhanced circulation and mental energy*
- reduced stress and improved relaxation without drowsiness*
- support for normal cognitive and physical performance*